Crazy Old Cat Lady

I went to the URL for CatLady to see who got my preferred URL name and it's just one useless entry and then I checked out my next preferred URL name of CrazyCatLady (son#1 calls me "Crazy Lady" and the rest of the world calls me "Cat Lady" so I thought a URL was born) and she's a great writer, but I can't find any way to add a comment telling her so. So my URL ended up being CrazyOldCatLady. My web page is http://cvanhorn.homestead.com/

Friday, February 14, 2014

My First Valentine’s Day as a Teacher

My First Valentine’s Day as a Teacher

I graduated from college a semester early and started teaching 7th grade a few days later in Feb. One of the first questions the students asked me was “Can we have a Valentine box?”   I said “Sure”, remembering the Valentines shared in my day. The next day I received a phone call from the principal asking me to come see him in his office.  He told me that they don’t do that in Jr. High. The students in other home rooms had heard about it and the news had reached him. He was very nice about it and said that we could have the Valentine box, but not to have refreshments.

 

So I was the first one in the class to land in the principal’s office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home