Crazy Old Cat Lady

I went to the URL for CatLady to see who got my preferred URL name and it's just one useless entry and then I checked out my next preferred URL name of CrazyCatLady (son#1 calls me "Crazy Lady" and the rest of the world calls me "Cat Lady" so I thought a URL was born) and she's a great writer, but I can't find any way to add a comment telling her so. So my URL ended up being CrazyOldCatLady. My web page is http://cvanhorn.homestead.com/

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Time to try this new game in town

My classmate (from the '50's) started a blog site so I saw one for the first time yesterday. I am still trying to figure the whole thing out. I looked at the "Next blog" and the "Next blog" and the "Next blog" from my friend's about 10 times, and I am super impressed with the content. This world has got some interesting people in it, and I am glad so many of them are sharing themselves with the rest of us. One of my main complaints about the Internet is that so many talented people have shared their thoughts without getting the credit they deserve. Many times items have been forwarded to me that are wonderful, but without any clue to their origin. At least the blogger gets his credit (or blame?) as he deserves.

I am trying to get my Stafford and Heathcote cousins to submit info and pictures for my CVanHorn.homestead.com web site, and I haven't had much luck. Maybe this site will help.

Sorry about the big print, but these old eyes need all the help they can get.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Connie said…

    I am having a really tough time trying to figure out how to get a picture uploaded to this site. It's probably the old "It's really easy once you know how" bit. I will keep trying, but if you want to see my beautiful cats now, you can see them at http://cvanhorn.homestead.com/Cats.html

    (Another thing I have to learn is how to do a hot link. For now, you have to do a copy and paste on the URL.)

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Connie said…

    I am having a really tough time trying to figure out how to get a picture uploaded to this site. It's probably the old "It's really easy once you know how" bit. I will keep trying, but if you want to see my beautiful cats now, you can see them at http://cvanhorn.homestead.com/Cats.html

    (Another thing I have to learn is how to do a hot link. For now, you have to do a copy and paste on the URL.)

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Connie said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Connie said…

    I just read my "Complete Profile" and found out I was born in the year of "The Boar". This does not sound good for a writer.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Connie said…

    The 12:19 comment that I removed was one in which I apologized for posting my first comment twice and lamented that I couldn't figure out how to delete the repeated one. Then I saw that the little squiggle on the bottom of each comment (on my editing page) was a trash icon (I told you my eyes were bad) that I could click to delete that comment. (I also found out that I had about 4 other chances to publish the same comment and that you have to believe them when they say the comment has been saved even if you don't see it right away because it takes awhile to hit the www and you have to click the "Refresh" button too. So, actually, resaving it only once again wasn't as bad as it could have been.)

    Of course the observant reader will notice that I deleted the 12:19 comment but forgot my main target which was the repeated comment of 11:53. Can I plead lateness of hour or should I just change my URL to "CrazyOldNotTooBrightCatLady"?

    Now that I see what is left when I delete a comment (their idea of delete and their warning that when I delete it, it will be gone forever. is not what I imagined), I am going to leave my mistakenly repeated comment to remind myself, and perhaps you, to avoid that trap. Also, I find that leaving the terse explanation that "the comment has been removed by the author" is worse than leaving the message that admitted that I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the repeated one. When I see something like the message the programmers left, I ponder what could have possible been written that was so unacceptable that the world had to be spared the experience of reading it. Anyway, now you know that you're not missing anything interesting.

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Connie said…

    Well, I did get one picture on this site, but it was no easy thing. My husband helped me, Thank Goodness, as he has had some experience with the Picasa program. (One way to upload pictures is to use "Hello" which one gets free via "Picasa", which means it's helpful if one knows something about both of those entities before one tries to "Add a friend" named Bloggerbot- which is the mythical friend that is the image conduit to one's blog.) I have no idea if any of this is correct as when I tried to add another picture, my blog went goofy and all the features disappeared, and I was just lucky that I could get to my desktop and delete the second picture and restore everything. So if you want to see pictures of my beautiful cats, you have to go to my regular web site (the URL is in a former comment) because I am too old to put myself through this trauma again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home